Monday 25 January 2016

Learnt the sweet hard way 1

With a resounding slap according to him to bring me to reality, he said,  if you have an atom if love for me, you will do it without me asking. It's just to assure me that you love me and won't cheat on me. ‎

I looked at myself, Imagining the slap I just got before the oath of love from the one who claims he loves me. ‎I said to him, this is an old shit, we have come of age to live and trust one another. ( In my mind, I trust myself to a large extent but since this us coming from him, coolies then if you ask me) 

Wale said"You call the blood oath Shit? Now I know you don't love me. I should have believed your brother Seun the researcher, who had earlier warned me of your stubborn and carefree life, but baby I just want to be sure that I can trust you, dassal." 
Oyinlola,  "Ofcourse you can trust me." 
Wale, "What's the guarantee that you won't cheat on me tomorrow?" 

Oyinlola,"Are you saying that after I take a blood oath with you, you will stop being suspicious of me." 

Wale, "Yes baby, you are the only oyin in my life, I will believe anything you say" 
Oyinlola,"It's fine" 
Wale, "Really, You will?". He sounded as if he was surprised, when of course it's what he wanted to hear. And then again I hope I am not making a mistake. Guys this is my life, not some Nollywood of Tonto Dike and Jude orhorha love series. ‎

Oyinlola,"Whatever it takes to make you stop embarrassing me." 

Wale,"Okay baby,I will have to buy the things we need to make it happen,first thing tomorrow. " At that moment some sort of hatred came upon me again. I hope this is not a bad omen or sign I am getting, but then again, I truly love this stupid boy to bits. By the way what did my brother Seun tell him? ‎He's supposed to research for his company not on me. 
Oyinlola, "Yeah! Yeah!  See you tomorrow."

It was a week before our dancing competition trip to India,  I went for rehearsal ‎that day thinking about what I had just agreed to do with Wale. 

I thought of confiding in my friend Faith, but I kept changing my mind. During break, we visited It's calabar to eat, she observed that i was a bit off and quiet. She pressured me to share whatever it is that was troubling me. After a lot of pressure sha, i finally opened up, to faith's shock.( natural born again girl) ‎

Faith, "Please don't do it, I beg you. That thing can be really dangerous."‎
Oyinlola,"Why? What do you know?"  

Faith, "see let me tell you, if you do it, you will be stuck with him forever,‎you can't say YES to a richer man.‎?". So this Faith too likes money....lol‎

Onyinlola,"Faith park well joor. we are getting married anyway. And I love him," 

Faith went on to preach like they do in her pentecostal church, "Do you realize that no matter how cruel he is to you in future, that you won't be able to leave him? Even married couples get divorced. In your own case, you will have no choice. Besides, why is he afraid sef? A man is insecure about his woman only when he knows she deserves better." 

Hmmmmmmm, thus keeps ringing a bell in my head, ‎ "‎A man is insecure about his woman only when he knows she deserves better." 
I summoned courage and said to God Faith,"Oh come off it, Wale is the best man out of all my X, well, except his insecurities ofcourse." 

Faith,"The fact that you are even giving it a thought or paying any attention to it is appalling. I mean, with your level of education and qualifications you don't know when to be assertive and determine what is wrong and right?" 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am waiting to see the end.

Jamal Chun said...

Oath in this day and age ? You must be kidding me.

OMOBACARES said...

Oath? At times pple are blindly participating in barbaric acts all in the name of love. Must you go out of reach to show how committed you are to a relationship? Guys don't fall mugu

Janet said...

Never !!!!!.......Oyin are you a learner ?