Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Wicked Doctor

 It all started 30 years ago after my graduation. Got some money and opened my own hospital. 

Stanley is a handsome boy ‎I fell in love with. We got talking and eventually married. Stanley loves me but was still sleeping round with his colleagues and that bothered me a lot. It made me aggressive , I get angry easily, I was always alone and easily absent minded. 

Stanley would call me every now and then but I find it hard to believe he was cheating, till I got a call from his colleague Nasir Agba. 

 Nasir called to give ‎me the address of where he was heading to, (sharon's house). 

On this faithful Thursdays afternoon after receiving the cal from Nasir ‎, I set out to leave n then I got another call from my husband Stanley to check up on me. I still left the house for the address and when I got to the house, I saw my husband's company car. Still wasn't sure I went to a shop nearby to wait till I saw both of them coming out, the girl ( Sharon) seeing him off to the car with a parting kiss on his chick. 

I wasn't wrong after all. But he showed me so much care and immediately he called me again to say I should prepare his best soup and he talked of how he will fuck me like never be, how he will suck my clit knowing it's my best, he talked about squeezing my breast his best way after all he has paid for them. I answered his call without letting him know about my discovery. But I was hurting. This made me hostile and aggressive.

I would drink and smoke when Stanley went out. I smoked my favourite Strawberry shisha before going in for surgery. 

5 years later, I took in and had my son Bayo and couldn't bear another child because of series of abortions, Bayo was a miracle. I tried all I could for another child, all to no avail. We both tried to give Bayo the best life we could. 

Wait a minute I didn't tel you a great mistake I did the first week I opened my hospital.
 ‎
One evening I saw a text message from Oluwatoyin ( another girl ) to Stanley, yeah yeah you should know the content but I didn't say a word to him. I went to a bar close to my hospital on Adeniran Ogunsanya surulere, Lagos to buy my normal flavour but this time they had chocolate flavoured Shi-sha.  Before I was done I got an emergency call to take d delivery of a Lady. 

Immediately I went, took her delivery but administered the wrong injection which took her life, disfigured the face of the twin girl but the boy was lucky. ( so stupid of me, the woman had a twin and I couldn't take a simple delivery) .

 Told the family the usual Doctor's language - 'we tried our best.' They took her corpse and the kids away. 

To cut the story of my life short. 

Stanley became my enemy - friend. We started quarrel‎ling and fighting because of the hidden hatred ‎I have had for my him. Till we separated. Unknown to me, my driver had been keeping tabs of my life and my activities.  

19 years later exactly April 3rd 6:43pm my son was brought to the hospital. He had a heart failure. I was depressed and couldn't do nothing to patient. Even when they needed my attention in the theatre, I would ask them to call another doctor from another hospital, all because I never left the presence of my son. ‎

I would cry day and night as his heart rate was deteriorating  and I didn't see anything I could do. The nurses came back to call me again to help the accident victim in the pool of his blood. Then I changed my mind to help. 


We tried all we could along with the other doctor that usually came in to help, yet we couldn't stop the bleeding, and we were loosing him gradually. One of the nurses in the theatre who was dating my son suggested that we should remove the boys heart to replace my sons since his chance of survival was slim. I declined but the other doctor agreed. Saying 'even though it is against our ethics, it is also a waste of resources'. ‎

This is because my son‎ needs functioning heart to survive and once this accident victim guy dies we loose his heart and my also loose my son. 
I thought for once that, what ethics am I here to protect at the detriment‎ of my sons life. It was then I took to their suggestions.  

I went to the reception to inform the family of the accident victim that their brother was dead. I couldn't stand the wailing. I left for the theatre. 

20 mins later I removed the heart of the young man and replaced it with my sons. And alas, he was back on his fit again. We became happy.  

Two months after the surgery, my son had me sit at d dinning with his fiancee ( my nurse) to quizle me as per how I was able to save his life.  ‎Nneka ( my nurse) narrated how we replaced his heart with another. He was impressed by our proactiveness to saving his life. 

Few weeks to their wedding, my son stumbled on a girl he almost hit with his car because she was walking on the road and thinking without looking. Bayo pitted her, took her to the house and they became friends and it was at that point my son realised that Nneka hardly have time for him ‎. 

It was obvious that Nneka spends most of her time in the hospital and unfortunately Bayo my son is finding solace in this new girl. Gradually they were getting too close, that you would think they have known for years. 

A friend tipped Nneka of Bayo's relationship with this new girl and so she sent female Thugs to deal with her at her home. Bayo on realising this relocated to another town with her ( the new girl).

Then he summoned the courage to tell me during a phone conversation that, he has found the one he loves and wants to marry. 

The news sounded like a bomb to me. 
I screen on top of my voice saying: BAYO YO CAN'T DO THIS TO NNEKA, SHE HAS A GREAT SECRET OF OUR, YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THAT LOVE BACK, YOU YOU and he hung up. 
I couldn't reach him again for months. We were all worried. Nneka couldn't concentrate neither could. 

My driver would see my cry every day and I never cared. All I wanted was my son back to me and Nneka. 

One afternoon, Mr Ismail ‎came to my sitting, asked for permission to talk. He started by saying, what an adult will see siting, a child cannot see it climbing a chair. 
He went ahead to say, he was aware of the heart transplant and he knows where my son was. Apparently they have been communicating. He said few weeks after my don met the new girl, she narrated her story to him and it was discovered that the accident victim was her twin brother. 

Woow, heart breaking for me. Now I am on a cross Road. 

It was my negligence that killed their mother, I disfigured her face with the wrong injection and I in turn killed her twin brother......

This is too much for me to handle. 
Do I bless their union or insist he comes home to marry his first love Nneka that contributed to saving his life? 

This is my dilemma. ‎

  

No comments: